Monday, February 21, 2011

Controlled Chaos

Man o man it has been a crazy week! First off let me begin with Valentines day! Ever since seven years ago my husband made it his personal mission to change my mind about valentines day as the wonderful boyfriend he is. I was so spoiled on our first valentines I'm not sure if it can ever be topped it included delicious Italian, my favorite handpicked flowers (Indian paintbrushes), my first time to the carnival, and my first ever Beta fish. Yes 2005 Valentines was a good year. So this year like every year after this one has been a big deal. Let's just say I had a lifetime of disappointing valentines day's. One including getting dumped, so it hasn't been a good day for me up until this wonderful February in 2005. OK well I was disappointed when I found out that Matt had to work on V-day and that it was his first day no less. So all weekend we were rushing around buying him first week at work clothes and preparing for his new job. Well the day came and I woke up extra early to make him breakfast, get him ready and off to his first day.
I hadn't been feeling super great so I decided not to see clients on this day and instead stayed home to rest and clean the house. So 5 o'clock rolls around and Matt comes home with a super sweet card and a beautiful flower all for me :) I just gushed about how much it meant to me and it was the most thoughtful thing ever! Then he takes me to Dallas to a book signing of the pioneer woman! I couldn't believe that he would spend his Valentines with me to stand in line to meet one of my favorite bloggers. Anyway, so we went and found out that the line was SUPER long. But my trooper of a husband without complaint just offered that we go get dinner and come back. We went across the street and had burgers. Not before of course getting my picture taken with the pioneer woman's dreamy farmer husband :)
And then at about 12:15am I met the funniest blogger I know! If you haven't read her blog then I suggest you do, she has some amazing recipe's as well :) Oh and by the way...she liked my necklace! Me? Have style? Well it was totally worth the wait to see her. Note to all of you who attend book signing's...get there early :) Well that's all for tonight to cure my insomnia...more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment